16 May FAT YAK STYLE
Fat Yak first impresses with its golden colour, distinctive, hop driven, fruity and herbaceous aromas, giving characteristic passionfruit and melon notes, followed by a whack of hop flavour at the finish. The taste is refreshingly clean on the palate.
AC Approx 4.9%
- Coopers Real Ale
- 1kg Light Dry Malt
- 200gr Light Cracked Crystal Malt
- 24gr Morgan’s Cascade hops
- 24gr Nelson Sauvin hops
- Safale 05 yeast
- Put 1.51itres of water in a saucepan with 200gr of Light Cracked Crystal Malt. Bring mix to a rolling simmer while stirring (to avoid sticking),
- Once it is at simmer turn heat off and let stand for 30 minutes
- Strain mixture in to another saucepan and rinse the grain with 1 litre of hot water
- Add 200gr of Light Dry Malt to the pan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add 1 Cascade hop bag and 1 Nelson Sauvin hop bag and boil for 10 minutes
- Add 1 Nelson Sauvin hop bag and turn off heat
- Add to your sterilized fermenter, the can of Coopers Real Ale, the rest of the Malt as well as the contents of your saucepan
- Top your fermenter up to 23 litres with cool water Add 1 Cascade hop bag
- Add the yeast when wort temperature is below 22°C. and stir in well Try to ferment at a constant 22°c.