05 May TOOHEYS OLD STYLE
A robustly flavoured, surprisingly refreshing ale, the beer is given its dark colour due to the use of roasted barley malt. The fruity ale-like esters blend with the subtle hoppiness and hints of coffee and chocolate to deliver a truly unique beer still standing the test of time.
AC approx 4.4%
- Morgan’s Australian Old
- 1kg Ultra Brew
- 12gr Goldings Hops
- Brew Cellar Premium Lager Yeast
- Put 1.5 litres of water in a saucepan with 250gm of Ultra Brew. Bring mix to a simmer while stirring (to avoid sticking),
- Add Goldings hop bag, turn off the heat source and stand for 10 minutes. Add to your sterilized fermenter, the can of Morgan’s Australian Old, the rest of the Ultra Brew as well as the contents of your saucepan
- Top your fermenter up to 23 litres with cool water
- Add the yeast when wort temperature is below 22°C and stir in well Try to ferment at a constant 22°c.