16 May REDBACK WHEAT BEER STYLE
A traditional German style wheat beer this provides a fruity aroma with a creamy mouth feel. Ideal with grilled meats this well rounded beer suits all occasions! A pioneer of Australia’s craft beer movement, Redback was ‘born’ in 1988.
- 1 Morgan’s Golden Shelf Wheat
- 1.5kg Malt Beer Enhancer
- 12g Hallerau Hop
- Brew Cellar’s Wheat Beer Yeast
- Put 1.5 litres of water in a saucepan with 250gm of Malt Beer Enhancer . Bring mix to a simmer while stirring (to avoid sticking),
- Add Hallerau hop bag, turn off the heat source and stand for 10 minutes. Add to your sterilized fermenter, the can of Morgan’s Golden Sheaf Wheat, the rest of the Malt Beer Enhancer as well as the contents of your saucepan Top your fermenter up to 23 litres with cool water
- Add the yeast when wort temperature is below 22°C. and stir in well Try to ferment at a constant 22°c.