16 May MELBOURNE BITTER STYLE
Melbourne Bitter is a popular easy drinking style beer. Full mouth feel, rounded and smooth. A classic crisp flavour suited to the Australian backyard BBQ. Serve ice cold on a hot summer weekend
- Morgan’s Australian Bitter
- 1kg Body Brew
- 12g Pride of Ringwood hops
- Brew Cellar Premium Lager Yeast
- Put 1.5 litres of water in a saucepan with 250gm of Body Brew. Bring mix to a simmer while stirring (to avoid sticking),
- Add Pride of Ringwood hop bag, turn off the heat source and stand for 10 minutes.
- Add to your sterilized fermenter, the can of Morgan’s Australian Bitter, the rest of the Body Brew as well as the contents of your saucepan
- Top your fermenter up to 23 litres with cool water
- Add the yeast when wort temperature is below 22°C. and stir in well Try to ferment at a constant 22°c.