16 May GREAT NORTHERN LAGER
Great Northern Brewing Co. was named in tribute to CUB’s first ever Queensland based brewing operation, the Great Northern Brewery in Cairns acquired in 1931. Back then, beer was made locally for locals. The brewery has since gone, but the concept of drinking local made beer lives on in Great Northern Brewing Co. This beer is brewed longer for a super crisp and refreshing full strength lager.
- Morgans Blue Mountain Lager
- 1.5kg Light Dry Malt
- 12gr Pride of Ringwood hops
- Saflager S23 Yeast
- Put 1.5 litres of water in a saucepan with 250gm of Light Dry malt Bring mix to a simmer while stirring (to avoid sticking),
- Add Pride of Ringwood hop bag, turn off the heat source and stand
- for 10 minutes.Add to your sterilized fermenter, the can of Morgans Blue Mountain Lager, the rest of the Light Dry malt as well as the contents of your saucepan
- Top your fermenter up to 23 litres with cool water Try to ferment at a constant 22° c.