05 May COOPERS MID ALE STYLE
Mild Ale is brewed with a selection of barley and wheat malt, and with no added sugar. This traditional brewing approach provides the smooth malt character which is balanced by a triple hopping with Pride of Ringwood and Saaz hops. The brew is fermented similarly to its stablemates Pale and Sparkling Ale, with the customary secondary fermentation in the bottle.
- Morgan’s Blue Mountain Lager
- 1kg Brew Booster
- 250gr Dextrose
- 12gr Morgan’s Pride of Ringwood hops
- Brew Cellar Premium Lager Yeast
- Put 1.5 litres of water in a saucepan with 250gm of Brew Booster. Bring mix to a simmer while stirring (to avoid sticking),
- Add Pride of Ringwood hops pellets, turn off the heat source and stand for 10 minutes.
- Add to your sterilized fermenter, the can of Morgan’s Blue Mountain lager, the rest of the Brew Booster and dextrose as well as the contents of your saucepan
- Top your fermenter up to 23 litres with cool water
- Add the yeast when wort temperature is below 22° C. and stir in well Try to ferment at a constant 22° c.