11 Feb BEEZ NEEZ STYLE
First created as a Christmas surprise for staff at Capilano from their board of directors, this hand crafted wheat beer, with the unique addition of pure light amber honey, proved so popular that they had no choice but to offer it to everyone. This unique brew has a light malt palate with a distinct honey aroma and flavour plus a hint of bitterness. Clean, crisp and dry on the palate and surprisingly refreshing.
- Thomas Coopers Heritage Lager
- 1kg Coopers Wheat Malt Extract
- 750gr Capilano Honey
- 12gr Morgan’s Pride of Ringwood hops
- Brew Cellar Premium Ale Yeast
- Put 1.5 litres of water in a saucepan with 250gm of Wheat Malt extract. Bring mix to a simmer while stirring (to avoid sticking),
- Add Hallertau hops pellets and simmer for 10 mins.
- Take off heat source and add the honey. Stir until honey is dissolved.
- Into your sterilized fermenter add the can of Morgans Blue Mountain Lager, the rest of the Wheat extract and the contents of the saucepan.
- Add just enough hot water to make sure it is all dissolved . Top your fermenter up to 23 litres with cool water
- Add the yeast when wort temperature is below 22° C. and stir in well Try to ferment at a constant 22° c.